I tried the new Podcasting app today. It doesn’t seem to be that big of a surprise as to how they’re handling podcasts, but It’s a bummer that they still can’t do a proper playlist.
The way that I listen to podcasts is via a smart playlist of all my audio podcasts. I filter them by a play count of less then 1 and so after I listen to an episode, it removes itself from my playlist. Then in iTunes I have another smart playlist of all podcasts with a play count of 1 or more that I delete now and then. It works great, but for some reason I can’t control the order very well. I prefer to listen in the order they were released which it sort of does. But the new app has no sign of playlists at all.
I wanted to like this since the regular Xbox controller sucks as a TV remote, and I really only use the Xbox for watching movies on Netflix lately, but it’s pretty useless. It connected easily, but since it doesn’t stay connected after the phone sleeps, using it to pause a show or switch to another one makes you reconnect to Xbox, and then reconnect to Netflix, which then restarts the service.
And you can’t use the iPhone keyboard to type in the search field. Lame.
Use your iPhone with your Xbox to connect, control and discover content on your console…
I can’t decide if this is just too over the top, or plain awesome.
Dutch artist Bart Jansen first stuffed Orville before teaming up with radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman to build a specially-designed flying mechanism to attach to the cat.
This is intense!
Later this summer, Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner will ascend to 120,000 feet in a pressurized capsule and, wearing only a spacesuit, jump.
…To even attempt this will expose him to many challenges, including the risk that water in his body could vaporize.
very elegant and inspiring.
I’m a Mac OS X (10.7.3 as I type) user and I use Safari as my main browser. I use a 27″ iMac and usually have a bunch of tabs always open in my main browser window which is about 60% of the width of the screen so that leaves me about 40% of my screen for a separate browser window so that when I want to click on a link that doesn’t need to be in my main tab array, I can have it open up in the 40% space.
Most of the time that second window is playing hulu while I work in the main window and so I shrink the window to just show the video area sort of like a popout, but other times I stretch that window to show a full site. I can’t seem to find a way to control the size and location of that second window. Sometimes it opens in that shrunken hulu scenario, and other times it opens in the full website scenario. It usually opens up in the opposite formate I’m wanting to use.
Can I set a preference somewhere/somehow to control the size and location of a new browser window?
This makes me sad, especially since I’m now one of the many who have photos held hostage for $25 in order to have access to all my uploaded photos.
The photo service that was once poised to take on the the world has now become an afterthought.